.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Mosaic in Journal


I got this idea to do a mosaic in my journal while looking up mosaics online (this was awhile back). I went to the art store and purchased some self-leveling gel, cut out my squares and went to work. This was a fun piece as it came together. On top of my journal entry I also did a mosaic mirror and a picture frame which make great teachers gifts! In order for the squares to stick I used paper cement and painted the page first and then placed the squares down. Once those were in place I spread the self-leveling gel overtop of each square and in between. I had an empty bottle of (in the scrapbooking and cardmaking world is called) crystal effects that had a pointed tip, so... I sucked up some self leveling gel into this container and that became very useful for spreading the self-leveling gel onto the page, or piece of work. It is important to allow this page to dry fully (about 24 hours), so place it somewhere it will not get damaged. And have fun!

No comments: