.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Journaling Our True Identity In Christ



This entry was inspired through my thoughts while reading the Word and pondering what our true identity in Christ is. Ephesians 2:10 says we are God's work of art. He is the Creator after all. I picture God with a chisel and a new piece of wood, chiseling out each and every detail of everyone of us, as we are all unique. As He made me a creative person I love this verse - I can appreciate this verse. I would have never understood it as a confused teenager or new adult. It wasn't until I asked God for deliverance from my sins, for salvation for my life, for wisdom and understanding through His Word that I could read His Word and understand His purpose for my life. Now I read it and see nothing but purpose. He is so good.
In this entry I mention many verses, some of my favorites are; 2 Corinthians 5:17 We are a new creation; Ephesians 1:3 We are blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ; Romans 8:2 We are set free from the laws of sin and death; Romans 8:1 Therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus; Ephesians 1:13 We are marked as belonging to Christ by the Holy Spirit. That last one is such a beautiful thought. All of Christ's people are 'marked by the Holy Spirit' as belonging to Christ. That brings so much hope in the darkness of this world as to me it means not only salvation and deliverance but protection also. Thank you Lord that you are such a wonderful, amazing God. I am so thankful that I have been chosen to serve You, what a blessing and an honor.

No comments: