.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Went To The Lilac Festival This Weekend







This weekend I went down to The Lilac Festival in downtown Calgary and had a tremendously great time with a girlfriend of mine. We wondered through thirteen blocks of art, jewellery, clothing, and all sorts of vendors. I found some delicious little tid bits that made me druel such as a exquisite leather bound art journal with really cool designs on front and back. A Photographer had set up her displays by making her pictures into cards and I purchased two. One, the tree because I am just naturally drawn to trees... and the second one the old rusted out truck! The second I saw that truck I thought of my Dad, who is now in Heaven. I can look at it an think of him. The photo's are from
Adina Currie Photography

The next thing I found was something I wasn't even looking for and frankly I don't think I normally would have bought. My ring! The second I jokingly placed it on my finger I fell in love! I guess the shapes of the garnets reminded me of leaves and it just felt right! I talked the vendor down in price from $73 to $50. Great buy right? I just LOVE IT!
I had such an amazing day yesterday I am so glad I went ~ the sun was shining the whole time we were there! As soon as I got home it started to rain, LOL.
Happy creating everyone!
I will post the next prompt soon.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful finds Kelly! I can't wait to see the ring in person

In all the years I've lived here, I've never gone down to the Lilac Festival.... maybe next year!

CreativeMish said...

You're journal prompts are so inspiring!!!!

It sounds like you had a fabulous time at the festival! I wish we had something fun like that locally..

Kelly said...

Michelle;
You don't have festival's where you live??? I'm not sure where that is but when I was down in the States, Phoenix, there was a huge art festival. Hmmm... I wonder if maybe you google your city, you might find out if anything like that might be coming to your town? I hope so.
God bless