.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Healing Journal: Prompt 8 FEAR AND ANXIETY



I pray that the Healing Journey has begun as you have worked through some of these prompts. As this is my first time sharing my complete story (a little bit at a time) I am not certain I am doing it right. It is in no particular order really and I am not that organized. So I am continuing to label them numerical for each post to try and organize them in some way. If you think I should organize them by prompt topics please let me know. I guess that would make sense as not every topic appeals to every person. I will try to organize them more.

Today's prompt: FEAR AND ANXIETY

"Look, the Lord your God has set the land before you; go up and possess it, as the Lord God of your fathers has spoken to you; do not fear or be discouraged." Deuteronomy 1:21

I chose this verse because it is filled with such great hope. God has placed before each and every one of us the freedom from the bondage of fear. We no longer have to fear anything but the fear of the Lord. He has given us all the answers in His word and all the solutions to our problems. Over and over and over again it says "Do not fear". We need not fear anything because He is victorious over fear! Amen and Amen to that!

With fear comes so many other things. Worry, paranoid thinking, anxiety, frustration, strife, doubt etc., etc., etc., Why would it come with all these things if it were of God? Because it is not of God of course! He does not want us to live in fear, He desires to give us all the desires of our hearts and I am sure that none of us want fear in our lives. Satan however, he comes to STEAL, KILL and DESTROY and what accomplishes these things better than placing fear in our lives? (See John 10:10)

Anxiety is much the same as fear as it rushes through our bodies and minds full of adrenaline making us want to crawl out of our skin! I do not believe this is from God either! It is a physical symptom of our surroundings and our state of mental health caused by many things but most often accompanied by FEAR of something.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God..." Philippians 4:8

What does that say? If we feel ourselves worrying or fearful or anxious, go to GOD! Cry out to Him and tell Him what you are feeling! Bring your burdens to Him and He will bring you the peace of God (as stated further in these verses in Philippians 4.

"and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

Now isn't that so beautiful? God wants to guard our hearts and minds and give us His peace over our lives that surpasses all understanding. So, no matter what situation we find ourselves God wants His peace to be over us. We do not need to live in the state of anxiety and fear ~ we have God!

For this prompt I want you to think about all the fears and anxieties in your life. I want you to get them out from inside of you and place them on your pages ~ no matter what they look like. Color them with colors that you associate with fear and anxiety. Write the words that are in your heart. Write what you think fear and anxiety does to your mind, body and soul.

Once you have done this... look over your page(s), concentrate on the colors and emotions you have placed in them. Now give them to God. Tell God that you give all your anxiety and fear to Him, place them at the foot of the cross and cry out to Him to release your bondage to them. Submit them to God, bind them up and loose them in Jesus name and He will set you free from them!

If you are not ready to do this, place them aside until you are ready. It might be that there is more inside of you than you even know and that God will reveal more to you over the next few days. Pray that God does reveal to you all that you hold onto inside so that you can truly be released. He is a GOOD God full of tender loving mercies. As you desire to be free keep in mind how deeply your Father longs for you too to be free of all that keeps you away from knowing Him.

NOTE: DO NOT FEEL GUILTY if you still have fear, anxiety, worry etc., inside of you. Being a Christian does not mean that we are super heroes with no emotions or fears etc., Being a Christian is having a longing inside of us to be closer to the Lord our Creator, a longing to be free of all that the world has bound us with. It doesn't mean that we do not experience suffering or that our faith is lacking because we are going through hard times! God wants to work in us and we have to allow Him to do that, however, it is a process and it is done in His timing and not ours. Don't be hard on yourself okay?

My page that I have shared with you today I created lastnight. I wrote the poem on it during the darkest period of my depression and it expresses my deep fears and my anxiety that over-ruled my body, mind and Spirit during that time. It was the hardest time in my life, but I share it with you today in order to give you hope because I am no longer in the dark. Those feelings addressed in the poem no longer hold me ~ I have been set free from them and you will be too!

God bless you on your journey.

Photobucket

No comments: