.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Journaling Time In Arizona




Well we are back from our Arizona trip well rested and glad to be home. It was the perfect amount of days (11) as we were able to do what we wanted to do in those days and my family was a little tired out. We had a fabulous time and have determined that we will be going back next Spring Break when the kids are off school. The boys played well together (mostly), we had wonderful quality family time either in the pool or playing games in the condo, or discovering Phoenix and Scottsdale. I spent a lot of time at the pool soaking up some sun and journaling.
The three journal entries above are the one's I was working on during the trip. The first one was a page I started on my first trip to Arizona with my girlfriend Kelly, (as you can see we did a whole lot of shopping on that trip). The second was an entry I started before the trip inspired by another artist's entry from Blissfully Art Journaling (a Yahoo group I belong to)... it turned out to be completely different than the one on the groups pages though I think that is the point, you don't want to just copy another artist's work~ you want to create from within yourself and this is what came out of me. I was really struggling with my moods at the time of this entry and felt like I was all over the place, up and down etc. I really like how this entry turned out as it is full of color.
The last entry was from our trip this time around. I tried to capture some of the textures and art of Scottsdale with the lizards and such. I was salivating over all the beautiful art and architecture once again ~ everything is so gorgeous and peaceful and clean. My husband did not do too well in the heat as he broke out in thick hives on his upper body which made him very uncomfortable. He also broke out like this when we went to Hawaii but I forgot all about that when I booked this trip~ duh! He got on the proper med's to bring his rash down and was still able to enjoy the vacation as it was only extremely hot during the first week and then was mostly okay for him during the second. He did have to close himself into the condo for a few days but he was able to truly relax which we all really needed to do.
I worked on a few other pages while at the pool or on the patio at the condo though I did not finish them yet. I will be posting more soon.
Happy creating everyone!
Kelly

2 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Great journaling pages. I love the variety and colors when you create them

Artefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

I do LOVE your journaling style. Your talent is amazing and I appreciate that highly!