.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mosaic Scrapbook Pages




As promised from my last post here are my mosaic scrapbook pages. I love making pages like this because my creative juices begin to flow. The funny thing about these pages are that the pictures are both from Hawaii though taken 13 years apart. (I waited a long time to go back to Hawaii and I can't wait to go back again!) The full "Ocean" mosaic page is from a template I used about four years ago from a Scrapbooking book published around that time. I do not have the book as I borrowed it, however... the template is actually easy to plan out if you choose say five different underwater animals - an Octopus, a starfish, a seahorse, a fish, and a dolphin. Draw these out on a 12x12 scrap sheet. Then from those images working outward to the outer edges of the page draw different shapes around these images (making sure you leave enough room for space between each piece you put down). Once you have your complete page drawn, separate images of underwater creatures with lines, now number each piece. Use this sheet as your template. I have seen this done with swimming pictures of your kids and it looks awesome.

The less complicated mosaic was the most simple. I basically cut out shapes as I was watching a movie with my kidlets and placed them next to each other cropping where I needed to to ensure the pieces fit into the spaces around the two main photos. Mosaics add so much beauty to your pages - not the most conventional way of scrapbooking but I'm not a very conventional person - LOL.
Happy creating everyone!

2 comments:

tyrymom29 said...

Wow what an Awsome idea .....LOVE it !!!! These pages are great!!!!

Tammy Freiborg said...

These mosaic pages are so COOOL!! I'm going to borrow this idea!