.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Travel Entries - Journal Your Travels




I always bring my journal on our travels. We usually go on trips with my husband while he works. I will sit at night while the kids are watching a movie in the hotel with their Daddy and journal away. Whenever we go to our "home" province and visit family and friends I usually have many emotions swirling around in my head. Journaling helps me to understand those emotions and also helps me to get them out of my head so that I can sleep. One of these entries we went to visit my sister in-law and I was just in awe at her home and how artistic it was. This would be the colored artsy entry above. She loves collecting art pieces of 'local' artists and there are some really beautiful pieces.
The black and white entry shows how claustrophobic I felt coming into Vancouver area. I hate all the traffic and the houses upon houses with no yards - yuck! We lived there for many years and I didn't feel it then, it was just our life back then, but going to visit I sure feel how crowded it is getting. I used to live in a small town and going back it feels really strange, it is almost like downtown Vancouver with all its' high rises. Many small homes are gone and in place of them are many mansions built on the property that used to hold about four houses. My sisters look at this entry and go, "What are you talking about?" They both live there and don't feel how crowded it is. Strange. But then they live there and it doesn't bother them.
So next time you go on a trip pack up a pencil case with all your 'doodle-gear' (that's what I like to call it) and see if you can spend some time capturing your travels in your journal. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Emi said...

Hi Kelly,
Just happened upon your artistic blog and I have to say you've reinspired me to restart practicing my art. A good excuse to buy that Moleskin journal ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, like the crowded one. That is how I feel when I visit New York City...almost likeI can't breathe sometimes.

Voice_in_DC

Kelly said...

Thanks Pipa - I am so glad you were inspired to journal more. Yay.

DC - I have never been to New York, but if I feel like this going into Vancouver I don't think I would like New York too much. lol.
Nice to hear from you. God Bless you brother.