.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Enjoying my Photoshop/Drawing Tools


As I was watching a movie with my family "Gremlins" I was playing around with my Adobe Photoshop 5.5 and my Wacom Tablet. What an awesome device this is! I am no longer limited to just creating on my own, now I can create on my computer too! I have zero experience with this so I am just playing around. It was referred to me by another blogger on a MyChurch.org site, Heather and since I got them I have been very excited. I drew this yellow lotus flower while I was watching the movie. I used the paintbrush tool and then I used the airbrush tool and I was able to mix colors - what fun! Okay, I need to get out more! I think it turned out pretty well for my first one. There is something about flowers and leaves and trees that I find so peaceful, I tend to put them in most of my drawings. The colors in this drawing was inspired by a painting I saw on art.com so I used the 'clone' tool to find the exact color from that painting to use on my piece. I am lovin' this! I purchased my Wacom Tablet at Future Shop, I am certain you could get one for less than I paid which was $139.99, however it comes with Adobe Photoshop Elements, and Corel Painter Essentials 2. I think it was well worth the money. I purchased the 4x6 size as I have found that I can maneuver through the entire drawing by just moving the margins - plus the bigger sizes are way more expensive!!! Let me know what you think.

No comments: