.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Practice With Texturizing


Hello my dearest blogging friends! It has been quite a week in our house... all the hustle and bustle that September always brings is among us. Tomorrow I have one son beginning grade 10 and another beginning grade 8! These years have gone by too quickly for my liking!
Today I am sharing with you my experiment with "texturizing". I have learned so many wonderful techniques from Rebecca over at Daisydolls Gypsy Caravan and her series of eight paintings. I purchased her postcards and have been studying her techniques because I have fallen head over heels in love with them!!!! So I have drawn my own drawings and have added texture to them ~ I am learning them so that I can eventually teach them! It is a lot like zentangling really, the same pattern over and over again. I love how it fills in the picture and makes it whole - if that makes sense at all?!? Enjoy. I will share another one hopefully tomorrow!
Have a wonderful week and as always Happy Creating!


Photobucket

17 comments:

Healing Woman said...

I love the texture and the colors. I also love the fact that you are learning from Rebecca and yet doing it your own way and giving her credit. Bravo!

Nancy said...

Kelly, you are really on a roll. This picture is georgeous......
I can't image the amount of work that goes into this technique....You have really mastered it and I can't wait to hear about your teaching classes...

Big hugs my friend

LissaBee Creations said...

Wow, Kelly! Such a gorgeous painting!!

Victoria said...

Gorgeous work Kelly..fabulous!

Janet Ghio said...

Beautiful work Kelly--You have just grown in art by leaps and bounds in the last year. What a delight!!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

This is beautiful Kelly, you have really put your own stamp on this technique with the texture and I love the repetition of the same pattern. I would love to come to this class with you.... I will be there in spirit anyway from over the big pond.
Lee:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's amazing, Kelly!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Awesome! Love the texture. :)

Diane said...

I love this--Rebecca will be proud, and maybe this will encourage her to have an online class--would that not be cool?!

Red Cat Cards said...

Lovely Beautiful Face !! I love it !

Jeanne Nelson said...

Kelly, she is truly beautiful! You have mastered "the master's" techniques . . . and provided your own twist on the process. I love the dimension of this piece, as well as your color palette. Great art! Wishing you much creative inspiration, and blissful pleasures today and always.

A'n'G Johnson said...

Kelly,
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! holy moly. I adore her.

also, as far as photos throughout the blog. Mine always come out on the top too, but you can cut and paste (only once per photo) to get them throughout your text!
hope that helps! (and I am SO SORRY it took so long to reply, I totaly forgot about it until I saw the comment on Angelia's page)

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kelly,
Oh yeah babe, This piece looks fabulous!
Hugs,
Anna

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I love how you draw texture. It is very inspiring.

Artist Linda Drake and Lunar Designs said...

really fun work.. love love love it
Kelly!!!!

Suz said...

I like that so much, Kelly. I will run over and see Gypsy Caravan. That is so unique!

Good luck with your boys going off to school. It does go so fast.

Now down to the next cool entry!

Suz

Julia Christie said...

Kelly
Glad I did not miss this one - she is fabulous! I love adding texture too and find it soooo relaxing! Great piece.

Smiles