.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Can You Guess What This Is?



Yesterday I was just getting ready to eat dinner when I happen to look outside our back window towards the park and I witnessed the most peculiar thing! I went upstairs to grab my camera, grabbed my sweater because the wind was blowing a slight chill in the air, and even placed my barefeet into my hubby's yard shoes to go investigate! It must have been something pretty spectacular for me to put my barefeet into his yucky yard shoes! LOL!
I walked to the chain link fence and set up my camera to capture wild mushrooms growing in an arched line! I had never seen this before EVER! I don't know if I'm just naive, or if I never paid attention before but it was the most beautiful artistic wild thing growing I have seen this year and so I took many pictures! The above picture is sure enough the underbelly of a wild mushroom. I had to take a photo of this magnificant pattern! Not only were the mushrooms growing in an arch artistic but this pattern was amazing too!



Look at this amazing arch they are growing in? I am so glad that it captured my attention lastnight. I needed a spark of inspiration and I got it!



They were huge too! I don't know what kind of mushrooms they were but I wouldn't chance eating them! I am extremely naive when it comes to plants and such so I wouldn't know a "magic" mushroom from an "edible" mushroom! LOL!

I hope you enjoyed my beautiful find. I think we can find beauty in every creation if we just look at it differently, don't you?

Hugs and happy creating everyone!



Photobucket

5 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

You have half a fairy-ring. It generally has to do with how spores are distributed (circular is normal) or sometimes if a mushroom/toadstool is mowed at spore peak, you'll get half a ring!
I love the close up~~looks like ominous teeth!
How lucky you are to have found and photographed this.

XXOO~~♥
Anne

Janet Ghio said...

Wonderful sight! When they grow in a circle, it's called a fairy ring.

CreativeMish said...

I have some really weird mushrooms in my card this week too. They're black and lacy and set lighter towards the top. They're almost a metalic gunmetal color.

Rita A. said...

How cool is that? The photos area great.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

that is fascinating Kelly. Love the pattern underneath the mushroom. It looks like the little fairies with their umbrellas on a walk. LOL
Lee:)