.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Venting In Technicolor and The Cuteness!




I have always held back in my venting. I don't quite know exactly why, I can guess it's because I don't want to hurt anyone and feel kind of silly venting. HOwever, I have discovered the perfect way of venting so that no-one can read what I write. These yummy pages were done in such a simple simple manner that I can't believe I haven't done them before!!! Here's the process:
I vented by writing in red one way, then blue another way, then green another way, then finally black or some other color. By the time I was finished covering each color once I couldn't even read what I was writing! So it's a guarantee that no one else will be able to read what I have written! LOL! So I am VENTING AWAY!!!!
I also saw someone paint gesso overtop of the writing with sharpies and some of the colors come forward when the gesso dries. I may have to give this a try one day!



And this is "The Cuteness"! I took this picture after he got home from youth camp and passed out on the couch. He is thirteen and I don't think he will ever stop being so darn cute!

Well, Happy creating everyone! I hope you have enjoyed my mid-week blog!


Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love your venting pages! What a brilliant idea. I have a 13 year old daughter and she is still cute as a button when she's sleeping.

Nancy said...

Now, isn't that a clever idea..never thought of that but will definitely give it a try....
Sometimes, we all need to vent; just get it all out....

He is so cute and you can tell he is getting some good z's.....

Janet Ghio said...

Camp can really wear a boy out!! You must have had a lot of venting to to do to write in all those different colors all those different ways!! I bet you got it all out of your system though!!

A'n'G Johnson said...

sleeping things are so sweet, cute, and cuddly. it is nice to see kids this way! haha

Unknown said...

This is sooooo awesome! and...what a cutie!

Diane said...

You are a genius--I love the effect of this--really--this is a great background--thank you!!
And I still feel that way about my kids ESPECIALLY my youngest--he's 23 :)

Red Cat Cards said...

oh I thought it was metal embossing until I zoomed to see in detail. What a great way of venting.. I shall try that LOL It's probably endless. Such cool pages ! and your son is darn cute !!!

Unknown said...

Cuteness for sure : ) I don't have a problem with venting...thanks goodness! If I had to keep it all in...I wouldnt be who I am today. Good luck : )

Happy day to you

Unknown said...

Fun Art Journal!! makes me want to start one!

Kelly said...

One day he's going to kill you for putting that photo on the internet! :) I like your venting technique... so original!

Karen Martin Sampson said...

What a great idea for venting!! Love it! And yes, they never stop being cute to Mom...my son is almost 34 and still cute as far as I'm concerned:-)