.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What I've Been Up To



I know I have not posted every day and I am so sorry, however, it has not meant that my brain has been idle and I have not been creating! I am working on my 'Inspiration Binder' trying to fill it up with tips, techniques and all sorts of tid-bits to have on hand for my three Art/Craft Fairs coming up in November. I want to be able to show something of what I can teach for Art Journaling as I will be handing out brochures and business cards as well as selling prints of my art (FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!)

The above pages are from my Inspiration Binder with fun borders and alphabets that I can teach.



Filling up those texture pages for some eye candy to look at...



Creating different images and shapes to fill with texture...



Adding some flare to new alphabets to reveal the 'juicyness' of creating your own letters and lettering techniques!

I am looking forward to meeting some wonderful women that will be interested in learning some art journaling and having fun with me in these three Fairs.

I am a little nervous selling my art for the first time, thinking to myself 'What if no-one likes it?' etc., I psych myself out all the time... but I am going to be strong this time, pray that I will sell some of my work and book some teaching classes, and most of all... enjoy myself because that's what it's all about!

Hugs and blessings everyone!


Photobucket

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly! What great inspirational pages that others can draw from...is this "zentangle"...very nice!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I know! It's scary to put yourself out there lke that. But at least you need to try so you won't wonder for the rest of your life "what if". No worries though. I'm sure you'll be a success. :) Have fun!

Unknown said...

Love the inspiration binder. Very cool.

I am going to try my first art/crafts show this fall as well. Kind of scary.

A'n'G Johnson said...

You are going to be so VERY successful as your artwork is show-stopping amazing.
Good luck getting it all ready, particularly during times of flair ups. Ihope you are feeling well soon!

Jolene said...

Yay for you! Way to push through the fear and go for it!
I actually, have been thinking about you lately. I have been diagnosed with Fibro lately and I am struggling. You seem like you are dealing with yours well, so what is your secret? I could use a little help. I can't figure out what info out there is reliable and I just feel lost.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kelly,
Your pages look very inspirational and I think it's a fabulous idea.
I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest and I wish you all the best of luck to fill your classes with lovely ladies.
Creative hugs,
Anna

Sandra Kaye said...

Hey Kelly-- I love the idea book. Just great. I know that if I lived closer, I would sign up for every class you ever taught. :):) I think you are super talented!! Hugs -- Sandie

Shells said...

There is always someone else out there who connects with your work - I hope they see it, love it and buy it. All the best.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Love your book Kelly, it is going to be filled with so much inspiration for your students.
It is scary to sell your work but you know, you just have to remind yourself that art is so subjective and that the right person will walk through the door and buy your art. It is hard to let go of the self doubt but just believe in what you are creating and the rest will follow. Good luck
Lee:)

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

WOW! These art journal pages look fantastic!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents <3

Healing Woman said...

Great idea to have the journal on hand to show. I love the zentangles and your creative alphabet.

Kate Robertson said...

What a great idea. I am sure your venture at these fairs will be very successful. Love that zentangle alphabet.

Valerie said...

Your art journal is inspirational! Go for it! They'll love it! I understand feeling hesitant. I am going through similar feelings right now because of a sale, art tour I'm in the weekend after next. I guess we just need to be ourselves and trust. Abundant blessings to you my Friend!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

love it- thanks so much for sharing images from your journal.