.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pure Bliss



Taking in as much sunshine as I can get today I began to sketch out the shape of a tree. I started with a "U" shape for the branches and what formed in my mind was a mother holding a baby resting on the branches. We see kids and teenagers climbing trees all the time but what you do not see are mothers climbing trees with their infants (probably because it is dangerous). However I looked beyond that point, to where it was no longer dangerous... to where a mother and babe could rest within the comfort of the branches and enjoy each others company. I wanted it to portray a lackadaisical day in the life of a mother and babe and this was the image that came to the forefront.
Becoming a mother for the first time was a dream "come true" for me. Pure bliss every morning I woke up carrying the child in the womb and pure bliss once I first set eyes upon my newborn son. The time that we were blessed with together will never be forgotten in my heart to be cherished forever.
In this painting I wanted to capture the peace, contentment and pure joy involved in sharing a moment like this with your child. Pure Bliss for sure.

Happy Creating everyone.


Photobucket

12 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

Absolutely Awesome!

Lynn said...

That does look blissful, Kelly. I really like the style of this drawing.

Shirley said...

FABULOUS!! What a beautiful greeting card this would make. I looked down at my newborn grandson's face 3 weeks again, in the hospital, and saw my son from 38 years ago and had that same bliss all over again.

Alex said...

Beautiful and very meaningful. I've always loved symbolic things, like those you'd see on tarrot cards. The bright colors in this case is really a plus, and it creates the whole fairy tale feel!

morningDove said...

i love this piece of art work. It is pure bliss, i miss those days of watching my sons climb trees in my backyard. thanks for the memories.

Ann said...

Lovely image and I liked your description too. I agree, this would be wonderful on a card.

Mary S. Hunt said...

i can feel the happy coming off the page
i especially like the added touches like the little butterflies
:)
great page

Melissa S. said...

What a rich composition...in color, content and meaning! Beautiful Kelly

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous blog...
I am inspired by your work.
love and light
sol.

Janet said...

That is flowing and beautiful. You did a great job.

Timaree said...

This is really pretty - and it has no words! I love the idea of sitting in a tree with a baby. It sounds like something my daughter would do if a tree were big enough when her babies were little.

daysease said...

Just as if it was part of my heart... thank you.