.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Journal Entry & Fairy & Fact #4




I wanted desperately to try my Tattered Angels Glimmering Mist Spray so I sprayed an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of white SU Cardstock in various places with my moonlight blue and burnt red mist. I let it dry. You can't see the shimmer as well in the picture but it shimmers so beautifully in real life. I absolutely adore it! I then drew a picture of a head, I try to follow my features... green eyes, brown hair etc... and then I cut it out and drew the caption on a separate piece of paper. I cut the caption out and placed foam double mounting tape on it and placed it on my dry piece of cardstock. I then stamped my "notepad" stamp all around my drawing, filled in each notepad, stamped a few letters and voila. I then layered it onto black cardstock and stuck it in my journal. I didn't know what to create today and this is the outcome of having a sort of blah creative day - LOL. We're all allowed one of these once in awhile I think.

I drew this fairy sitting on a leaf from a drawing that Chris Down did in the book The Crafter's Design Library: Fantasy. The picture looks a lot different than the original picture because I personalized it alot and made the fairy into a woman instead of a little girl fairy. I colored her with my Gelly Roll gel markers, as well as her dress. I glittered the wings in different colors with my Making Memories Scrapbook Shimmer. Then I layered the entire drawing with my - you guessed it - self-leveling gel! I'm not too sure what I am going to do with her yet. I would like to do a large drawing of a fantasy jungle of some sort and possibly put her in there... who knows. I will wait to be inspired.

Fact #4
I have loved drawing since I was a little girl. I have never had a proper lesson but taught myself from looking at other pictures. I do not make a very good student when it comes to learning art... I find it too confining. I used to watch my oldest sister draw and then I would try to draw what she did. It has taken me many years to be able to actually draw a person and have it look proportionally correct.

Happy Creating Everyone!

2 comments:

CreativeMish said...

very pretty. I love the little fairy! I just bought some glimmer mist a couple of weeks ago. It works great on paper flower embellishments for cards :)

Sunnymommie said...

wow! gorgeous!!