.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Butterfly Season? Cute Butterfly Doodles







As you may have noticed I have posted everything but cards lately... it is because I made so many Christmas cards that I am sort of in a "creative funk" when it comes to making anymore cards right now... and yet I still feel very creative, just not for cardmaking. Lately I have been doodling all sorts of different butterflies. I don't know why I have been drawn to them lately (no pun intended as I did draw them), but they have consumed all my creative attention as of late. My youngest son Ben has been making some of them with me and I have enjoyed that time together as his little imagination goes from one story to another about his baby butterfly and big brother butterfly. It is nice to have such an imaginative little one (well, he's 10 and he'll always be my little one... even when he's not so little anymore).
I have been drawing the butterflies and then coloring them in different ways.
Here are some of items I used in making these butterflies;
Staedtler Markers,
Making Memories Shimmering Glitter,
Black fine point markers,
Alcohol inks,
Stampin-up stamping spots (numerous)
Self-leveling Gel
Card stock (Usually white, sometimes ivory)
(Note: I think I got one of the butterfly ideas from a stampin-up image in the catalogue (New catalogue))
Happy Creating!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for entering the Academy and good luck in my blog candy contest. I wanted to say hello and take a peek here....lovely sketches of butterflies. The happy mail you received is such fun and wow...what is that stamp of the two little girls on the leaves? So pretty...nice card from your happy mail creator.
Take care, Bela

Kelly said...

Bela;
That stamp in this picture is from a retired Stampin-up set called Tender Toile. Kim was so nice to e-mail me with that information today. She told me she purchased it from e-bay a few years ago. I hope you can find it.
Thanks for your comments.
Kelly