.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

I'm Still Kicking Around

(Artwork by Artist Kelly Watts 2013)
 
It is so ridiculous that I can't even keep up with my blog.  I mean I am home every single day, what's my problem?
 
I love sharing my artwork with you and I love receiving your lovely comments...
but to be completely honest with you all...
I am fighting the fight of my life with this Fibromyalgia/Hypermobility of my Joints!
 
So, my posts are few and far between... for that I am really sorry.
 
I haven't been following my lovely blogger friends because I do not have the energy... for that I am really sorry too.
 
For now I will share with you what I have been able to accomplish;
 
The above piece was done on a book page.  I have been creating art on them because they are smaller and easier for me to handle.  I have discovered that I love the texture of the pages and they hold and blend color so beautifully.
(I use my Copic Markers on these pages)
 
 
 
I have had the occasional request for art... the above piece was requested by a dear friend of mine for her lovely daughter Bella.  It is meant to be an affirmation piece with all her daughters affirmations around her.
This took me a long time but this is what I create my art for...
If I can help make one girl feel better about herself in any way, well then I am all for it!

 
I have had one of my first 'custom order' requests with my art piece "Time To Bloom".  My customer requested that I adhere this piece to an art journal.
This was a first for me, I have never created an art journal with my art work before and I wasn't sure how it was going to work.
 
It turned out awesome and is now ready to go in the mail.
My customer is gifting it to a friend for her graduation!
Great idea!
 
Once again, this took me a long time to prepare, but I did it!
I accomplished a few things!  Yay for me!
 
I am thankful for the times when I am okay to put an order together, or to make someone smile with my art work.
To me it means I am still useful, I can still be used by God to bring joy.
 
God is good all the time!
 
I pray you are all having a wonderful, lovely week.
Hopefully I will be back soon.
 
Many hugs and blessings
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Sandra Kaye said...

Dont you worry about us in Blog land...we love your work and will always be here when you are ready...also, I follow you on IG...so I get to see you every day:):) Since I have been doing IG..my blogging has slowed down also:):) Hugs- My dear...beautiful work as always:):)

Beth Morey said...

You don't need to apologize for taking care of yourself! The blog will be here...I'm sorry the fight has been hard lately. I've been thinking about you. Hugs!

Stephanie said...

Your work is always beautiful and encouraging - thank you for sharing with us :) I am sorry to hear about your difficult times. I will be praying for you and I hope your joints feel better.

Love and hugs!

RuthSMac. said...

Long time since I last visited you, Kelly! and OMG! look what I found. Your art is so beautiful, you really have been working so hard. Love every single one of your creation.

Blessings!
xoxo


Unknown said...

love your art work Kelly, don't beat yourself up about not posting!!

Unknown said...

Don't beat yourself up - you are loved.

I find that there is only so much time and energy to go around, and often blogging or getting round to comment on other people's blogs goes by the wayside. There are times it happens to all of us, and you have a very good reason why it happens.