.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Trying Something Different

 
Photo: New art journal page.  #art #artjournal #artjournaling #doodle #doodling
 
I decided to get out the old acrylics and dust them off!  I purchased some mixed media paper a while back and thought I would give it ago with acrylics.  Starting out I knew I wanted to add layers and layers of different colors.  Believe it or not this page started out red!
 
 
 
Photo: Finished... Slow process this one.  As for me and my house we will serve the Lord!!!
 
Adding texture and outlining everything always makes it 'pop' just a little more.
 
I have wanted to do this drawing for awhile as it was stuck inside my head, it really needed to get out of there! :)
 
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
One of my favorite verses (found in Joshua).
 
I pray you had a fabulous week.
 
Have an amazing weekend!
 
Many, many blessings to you with great big ol' hugs too!
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wonderful verse and beautiful picture. You did a brilliant job :)

I hope you are doing well!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Linda said...

I love how the picture and the verse turned out. Linda E.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

beautiful and lovely vers and painting.
lovely greet and nice weekend
marja

Valerie Sjodin said...

It's a good thing you got out your acrylics! What a wonderful result!