.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Undercover Gypsy: Lets Go Treasure Hunting

 (Kelley Kuhlman)
 
Today I read such a beautiful honest and open post from Kelley Kuhlman from Undercover Gypsy.  In this post she describes her love of the idea of 'treasure hunting' or finding a missing treasure. 

Undercover Gypsy: Lets Go Treasure Hunting

Instantly this verse came to mind after reading her post;
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" Matthew 6:21

So often we get tangled up with the 'things' of this world, we hold closely onto them as though we can take them with us when we die.  The truth, they are just worldly possessions that turn to dust.  Our true treasures are in Heaven waiting for us.

I thank Kelley for her honesty and for her desire to live a life of seeking her treasure in Heaven... it is a difficult process at times and so easy to hold on to the things in this world.  I tend to hoard art supplies, magazines, and other things because of my love of art, but I am learning to use them for the Kingdom more everyday.

Blessings to you Dear Friends, I hope you take the time to go to Kelley's blog and read her post and take in her beautiful art.

Photobucket

2 comments:

HeARTworks said...

I'll go and read her post. Yes I tend to hoard art supplies and lots of junk! I pray for protection from the enemy who always seeks to use our interests to turn us away from the Giver of the gifts! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Amanda Trought said...

Thanks for sharing, will check out her post. I am a hoarder as well - calling it my collections I am trying to practice using them to be a blessing as well!