.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Decisions, Decisions...


Hi Everyone!  I am working on a piece of art for a human trafficking/sex trades recovery centre and I am trying to decide which one I like best and which one makes the most statement... I think the bottom one, with color is the better one.


I got this idea from a photo my friend (who will be running this centre) sent me via facebook so I do not know who originally took the photo but it was a very powerful one for sure.

As I was preparing to draw this piece I googled human trafficking and it sent me on an emotional rollercoaster!  My heart was so heavy burdened for all the people caught up in this awful experience(?).  I don't even know what it could be called, it's not as if these people have a choice, some are stolen as young children, some sold by their own parents to pay for food, others hooked on drugs are lured into traps...

Whatever I can do to help this cause I am going to do it!  I am getting involved with this recovery centre because I know that these women need to know that they are loved, they are worth the effort, they are people who contribute to this world... and most of them, well they just need a good hug from Jesus to start them on their way.

I pray that all of you are well and loved.

Hugs and many blessings to you.





Photobucket

6 comments:

LuLu said...

Howdy Kelly,

Although I like both versions, in my opinion the black/white version has more impact for the project. It's more dramatic and attention getting for this special.

Kudos to you for taking this on.

Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

CreativeMish said...

Wow! What a powerful painting! It makes me sick that this goes on in our world. I watched a documentary on it and can't believe that this kind of thing still goes on in our world

CreativeMish said...

PS.... I like the color one the best

Giggles said...

Very Powerful post! I prefer the colored one, but worry the lips and eyes aren't as serious looking as the black and white one is. This is such an important subject, I'm grateful there are people like you involved and drawing attention to it!

Hugs Giggles

An'Angelia Thompson said...

I agree - definitely the painted version. It's wonderful, BTW!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

If you're asking... I too like the colour one best.

Wonderful thing you are working on!

Blessings.........