.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Deep Thinker Friday but Post For Monday



Friday was a most unusual day for me... I woke up and walked on my treadmill for twenty minutes while listening to my new tunes on my ipod.  Huge step for me considering I am trying to do this a couple times per week even if I am hurting.  Listening to my music was so peaceful and fun I continued to do it for the majority of my day.

After my walk I put the ipod on the charger and listened through the speakers to my new tracks "Music Inspired By The Story" and "WOW Worship 2012" as well as the new "Kelly Clarkson" track.  My son Ben taught me how to add a cd to my itunes... wow do I feel old!  (seriously!)  It is strange to have the memory of myself in my bedroom at around the same age as my son's, listening to my stereo blasting away ~ it seems like just yesterday... and now my children are at the age of listening to their own music but it is done so differently these days. 

I really listened to the words of each song and allowed the music to flow inside of me... then I went into the 'manic' zone of creating not knowing what I was really doing but had so many ideas coming into my head and swirling up with color. 

I started with a good layer of white gesso, then watercolor crayon (which mucked up a bit but not allowing this to stop me... continued).  I could not get the texture the way I was feeling until I finally set the brush aside and worked it with my fingers.  For some reason I was in a dark color mood trying to capture a storm with my hands, this is why the top of the page is so dark.

I immediately cut out hearts using the text of magazine pages and went to my Twinkling H20's for shimmery colors.  My thoughts were focused on the CROSS as I brushed the rich poppy red pigments followed by spiced pumpkin.  I still was not certain as to the direction of the page until I saw the drops of blood on the bottom.  Then I knew it was going to contain the Life and Death of Jesus (symbolically). 

The piece took on a life of its own after that.  I sat working on these pages completely content as I listened to my music ~ this was a good day, a very good day!  Yes I over did it, and YES it was worth it!!!  Some days you just have to say YES and get out of bed and DO IT! 

Have a very blessed day everyone!  Many hugs and blessings to you.




Photobucket

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it! Sometimes you have to say yes! You got that right. Even on the days when you don't feel like it...
I like the way your piece turned out.
Hope you are feeling good now!
~Kelly

Kelly said...

Love it! Sometimes you have to say yes! You got that right. Even on the days when you don't feel like it...
I like the way your piece turned out.
Hope you are feeling good now!
~Kelly

CreativeMish said...

This turned out great Kelly. I hope that someday you're pain will lesson.

Sandra Kaye said...

Yes, sometimes our art can run away in a direction we are so not prepared for !!! You just have to go with it!! Hugs

Unknown said...

WOW! We never know where our journals are going to lead us - either art or writing. Amazing pages, Kelly. xoDonna

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Looks gorgeous and full of energy! :) i love listening to music when I paint as well.

Jolene said...

Love it. Love you and love your willingness to share yourself with us all. I don't get to check in as often as I would like but when the fibro is bad and I'm struggling, I know that I can count on your words and art to lift me up...even if your struggling too. You're awesome! I so appreciate you!

WrightStuff said...

I love that feeling when you've just got to create! In fact... I have it now.... got to dash....

Make It Happen Mama said...

A beautiful story about a beautiful piece of art - thank you so much for sharing!

Martha Lever said...

It turned out so beautifully! I love the rich colors and especially the symbolic message.

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Wow! A page full of lovely images and sentiments, Kelly. So glad I found a moment to drop by. Big hugs to you, as always!