.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thankful For Being A Mom


This page took a long time coming, I drew this out in 2009 and just today I finished it! I have a few pages that I could go back to and finish up, I can't quite remember the reason for not finishing it but today it just took on a life of its own until the very end! I love it when a page takes over and I get caught up in it, even the doodles swept me up in memories of my boys as they were growing up, remembering how I always would measure how big the boys were by the size of their hands on mine... aaaaaahhhhhh the memories. I am going to miss their little hands, now they are almost the size of mine and one day I know they will be bigger!
Motherhood is such an amazing gift whether your children are biologically yours or adopted... once you take on that roll of Motherhood you have truly become a "Mama" to a precious life and will forever be their "Mama".
When my youngest was born I was very sick with Post-partum depression and I was unable to bond with the little guy. Then one day (he was about two years old) he was coming down the stairs and I was going up and he looked at me with such a beautiful smile and said, "MAMA" for the first time! I think it was that very moment that the darkness of my depression began to melt away from me. He called me Mama even when I was too sick to really acknowledge him. He called me Mama even though at the time being a Mama was the last thing that I thought I was... (meaning that I was consumed with horrible guilty feelings of what an awful Mama I really was). Obviously my precious child thought otherwise ~ by the look on his tiny face, the light in his sparkling eyes and his beautiful outstretched arms that were reaching for ME, his Mama... obviously I was good enough to be his Mama that day! I will forever cherish that memory.
It reminds me of how God views us... even though we sin, even though we have put other things before Him, even though we cannot possibly think that God would ever forgive us of our sins... even though... even though... even though... HE DOES. He does love us, He does think that we are enough, that we are beautiful and precious in His sight even with all our sin surrounding us. He loves us regardless of our circumstances... even if we have been horrible Mothers at one time in our lives! He says "Come, come... just as you are COME! Let ME take your burdens from you, Let ME wash you clean as snow, Let ME love you just for who you are!" His grace is sufficient for us!
Thank you God, thank you for your deep love for your children. We are so blessed to serve you, to love you, to be forgiven by you. I love YOU God.
I pray that your day is filled with God's love and know that YOU ARE ENOUGH!

Hugs and many blessings to you.



Photobucket

8 comments:

Marika said...

Kelly, Your post touched me today. Keep up the good work.

Marika said...

Kelly, Your post touched me today. Keep up the good work.

Marika said...

Kelly, Your post touched me today. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

i like the green

Nancy said...

The tears are flowing as I read your post.....so dear and so precious are those memories.....God has given women a special role called "Mama"....Thanks for sharing such a special memory with us.....

Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

Janie Husband said...

beautiful page a post....

Anonymous said...

What a heartfelt and honest post, Kelly.
You are a beautiful person!

Women really do have a special role....and I'm happily doing my part. With a 15 year old and a 10 year old.....I'm busy, but happy.

I especially love sharing and teaching them art.


Ciao Bella!
Thanks so much for sharing.






CREATIVE CARMELINA

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Lovely post Kelly, so meaningful and I love your sketch and the idea of recording your boys hand sizes. I am so grateful to be a mum, my boys are such a blessing
Lee:)