.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Working on New Girl: DREAMER (Sneak Peek)





When I was a little girl my parents and my sisters would often find me staring off into my own little world - I was (and am) and always will be a DREAMER. I haven't incorporated too many hands into my drawings before but I have been lately. In the beginning stages of this drawing I did not have anything on the face... then after thinking about all the beautiful faces on Rebecca Anthony's site Daisy Doll's I have become entranced by the texture and flowers she adds to her faces. So I simply stamped some flowers over the face and painted them in with my Twinkling H20's by Luminart (which I absolutely LOVE using). I do not believe they are in business any longer as I cannot find the link to forward you to them SORRY. Okay... I am obsessed with Rebecca Anthony's Daisy Dolls. I LOVE her paintings and am so excited to have found them.
I will post more when I am finishing up my DREAMER. Thank you so much Rebecca for being my inspiration! Hugs to you.
Hugs to all of you out there, I hope you are having a fabulously creative day! I'm thinkin' it's indoors for us today as a nice rainstorm seems to be going through Calgary today!
Happy Creating All!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Peaceswirl said...

I'm so loving these ! and mercy girl your hands are so beautiful. They are very very hard for me and usually come out funky.I'm a dreamer too.....always imagining peace for all ......peace to you friend

Nancy said...

Hey Kell... they were going out of business but their going out of business sale in 2009 was so successful that they changed their mind... let me do some digging and I'll get back to ya!

Nancy said...

Didn't take as long as I thought.... found their website after some digging... http://www.dreamingcolor.com/hex/index.php still working on finding out where you can buy them (have you checked Michaels? they used to carry them)

Janet Ghio said...

I find her faces fascinating also and you'be got a good start on yours. Looks like it would be lots of fun to make!!

E Makes Art said...

I love your dreamer girl, she's beautiful! Her hands are wonderful, can't wait to see her finished. And thank you for sharing Rebecca's blog, she's amazing! Wow. Also wanted to tell you how much I LOVE the idea of a collage of old or not so loved paintings! hmmm...now where are they....

sandy said...

Great job on these, and the hands. Thanks for visiting my blog. YOu have a nice blog here...feels like a "happy" place to land.

Rebecca Anthony said...

Your hands are awesome!! This is coming out beautifully!!