.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Very Cool MAIL ART From My Friend Shelley





So last week I received some amazing mail art from my girlfriend Shelley in Winnipeg. Two single records cut and joined to make a cover to her letter! What a cool idea! My kids and hubbub laughed when they saw it! How cool is that???? I am not that creative but this girl - wow - ya she's got it! She is an awesome penpal. She started writing me when I posted earlier this year or last year that I had pneumonia for two months. We have been sending wacky mail art back and forth ever since, and she is hilarious! What a joy it has been to receive her letters! Some people are just gifted for things such as this and she is one of them.
I decided that I would send her a bunch of different things in her letter back, so far I have sent her 5 different journal spreads, postcards stickers, sudoku games and fun little doo-dads I find. I did this last journal spread for her lastnight of a woman's face. I love writing over top of the faces, some people call me brave for writing over my drawings I just think I am completing them! LOL.
Thanks Shelley for the fun mail art! You are so wonderful to me!
Hugs
Happy Creating Everyone!
Don't forget to add your link to the Blog Hop before June 30th and copy and paste it onto your blog to continue adding more links. By the end we should end up with a couple hundred links to other artists throughout the world - I am so looking forward to it!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Rita A. said...

This is great. How lucky you are, but then isn't that the greatest thing about the internet. Meeting people who you never could have any other way. I love your face too.
I made the blog hop connection. I hope. I'm never sure if I get things right.
Rita

winna said...

for the Artists Blog Hop---what does it mean to "forward this to everyone" ? How can I have a similar thing on my blogspot like you have with the small photos of people's work so I can see when things are added? E J Mordasky

Unknown said...

it is very nice! your art exchange!

CreativeMish said...

Kelly! You are awesome! I got the most beautiful piece of Art mail yesterday! I absolutely love it. I plan on taking a picture and sharing it soon. I took it to work to show it off today.. The girls were so jealous! You're the best! and I love the scripture that you shared. Thanks again!

aimee said...

this is so clever! what a cool idea! and i love the drawn face with the lettering layered on top!

jgr said...

Thank you for your comment today. I'm so glad to discover your blog-I'm going to try the 'widget' keep your fingers crossed, I am technology-challenged LOL!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Very cool!
Thanks for stopping by today :)

Nikki said...

I love the use of words as pattern, part of the visual image of the page. Lovely!