.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Zenning It Again!




Well here I am again... completely taken in by "zendoodles". Over on "Sketchbook Project" yahoo group I have joined a swap for what I call "zen circles". I'm not certain as to the correct definition of "zen mandala's" so I don't want to call mine one of them. (I'm wierd that way I guess)! Plus I think zentangles are supposed to be one continuous line and mine are not. Anyway, on the SPG (sketchbook project group) one of the ladies posted her zen mandala on black paper and it was gorgeous! It started my mouth watering and I knew I had to try this technique myself! I am glad that I did... now I am thinking of getting a sketchbook with black paper only! That is the wonder of being a member of certain art groups... there is amazing work out there to see!
I really enjoyed creating these little doodles... I find doodling very peaceful and relaxing. I don't usually watch tv (because we do not have cable,or satellite, or digital tv... or whatever the newest greatest form of t.v. there is - lol), however, I do tend to like certain shows every once and awhile and will watch them online via global tv. I especially like to watch "The Good Wife" and "House".
My husband tried talking me into getting rid of cable for years and finally I said yes to getting rid of it and I must say it is one of the best decisions we have made for our family. The only problem is that when we go on vacation (like this weekend) my boys (including hubbub) spend a lot of the time glued to the set! I however, have changed from a cable-addict to a not-liking-cable-at-all person! I absolutely hate all the commercials and to be honest most of the shows do not appeal to me either.
We went to Banff this weekend and enjoyed a much needed family weekend with waterslides, games and of coarse... tv for my boys! Sounds exciting yes? My hubby lovingly purchased a beautiful Garnet necklace that matches my Garnet Ring that I purchased at the Lilac Festival last June, for me for Valentines day. What a sweetheart! (To see my ring just scroll down to June postings). My necklace is the same pendant as on the ring.

Well I hope all of you are full of inspiration and positive creativity! Happy creating everyone!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Unknown said...

great mandalas and zengling!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! These Zen doodles are absolutely fabulous! I really love the white on the black and the little bit of color you added to them! My Handyman is a TV addict! LOL! He records dozens of shows to watch later so he can fast forward through the commercials. I hardly watch any... I know I could easily get involved and want to watch everything so I just stay away from it

Janet Ghio said...

I love your zendoodles on black paper!! They are beautiful! Glad you are going to be part of the swap!

Socrates said...

Kelly!!! Whats an awesome day and your sweety is a wonderful guy indeed. I completely relate with the no-tv thing. I haven't watched in 30 years!!!! It keeps my brain clean and un-controlled, un-influenced, un-alotofthings.
I love your mandalas. They do look fabulous on black. Maybe we should do more than just two for the swap, hey?

Lisa said...

hey look great Kelly. Especially on the black paper. I hadn't thought of doing that... but I may have to try :-)

joanna said...

Kelly, I love your circles! especially how they look on the black paper!!
xoxo

The Reclusive Goddess said...

Kelly ... these are beautiful!!

Tammy Freiborg said...

Love the colors on these ... my favorite is the second! Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's weekend! You have a very loving husband!

barb said...

Kelly, I love your zendoodles! The black paper is so unique. I may have to give that a try. Great idea!!

Barb

Paula Phillips said...

Loving the zendoodles! Zentagles have been somewhat intimidating for me, but this is so inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing!