.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Reposting Summertime with New Page



I found "Summertime" to be a rather negative journal entry as I was getting depressed when I worked on the page... so... I also noticed that I did not particularily like how the water colors looked over the girls face so I decided to write over top of her face leaving only the eyes free of writing because they are such a focal point. I wrote a comeback to my negative feelings and came out victorious. I also was able to finish the other page in my composition book working with similar colors as in "Summertime" and flowers as the images keeping with the theme of Summer. I am much happier with this outcome than when I first posted.
Let me know what you all think.
Happy creating.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Melisa said...

I liked it in the first post, but it is interesting with the writing over it, too. I don't think having negative feelings in your journal is necessarily a bad thing, but if writing the comeback made you feel better, then isn't that wonderful! It's like self-therapy or something, LOL. I really like the page with the flowers, too, and the way the text makes a border.

Kelly said...

Thanks Melisa;
That is really why I wrote overtop of her face... I needed a therapy session for myself to get me out of that depressed mood I was in. I find that much, if not all my art work does this. I am so thankful that I have learned about art journaling as it has helped me in so many ways (thanks to God of coarse). Thanks for your comments.
Hugs

Maggie said...

Kelly - I just came across your blog today and am so inspired by your pages. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts & lovely artwork.

Kelly said...

Thanks for your comments Maggie. I appreciate you stopping by.

Mixed Media Martyr said...

I love that you wrote a comeback to your negative feelings on the second page! It puts everything in balance to reevaluate what you have said in the future. It does not lessen how you felt at the time, but it brings it all into perspective again. I love both pages.

Mixed Media Martyr said...

I love that you wrote a comeback to your negative feelings on the second page! It puts everything in balance to reevaluate what you have said in the future. It does not lessen how you felt at the time, but it brings it all into perspective again. I love both pages.