.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nestabilities and New Scrapbook Paper... Aaaahhh!





What can be better than watching an old musical and making cards in the afternoon?

While watching "Singing In The Rain" for the first time ever, I managed to make these three cards using my new scrapbook paper (from Costco) and nestabilities die cuts. I love the layering effect of the nestabilities as well as the colors of the paper.
I always enjoy adding bling to my cards, as "bling" is the new "thing" for cards and well everything it seems. I'll just stick to bling for my cards thank you very much! It's rather funny that I picked up some bling gems from Future shop - they are originally intended for your cell phone. LOL. What do you need bling on your cell phone for anyway???
These cards were relatively simple to make by just layering the different colors of paper and the diecut shapes. The bottom strip I rounded off one side with my corner punch and added a gemmed brad. Nice effect I think. I remember just a couple months ago I was using my fiskars circle cutter to make circles, now I just run through them with my nestabilities and cuddlebug and voila!!! Sooooooo cool!
I am having fun.
Well, happy creating everyone! Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

These are so pretty, and the colours look fantastic!

Kelly said...

Thanks for your comment. I love these papers. I got them at Costco.

Anonymous said...

Love the bling in the last card. Singing in the Rain is my all time favorite movie! Thanks for sharing.