.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

'The Jane Austin Bookclub' Movie



I went to see 'The Jane Austin Bookclub' movie with a girlfriend of mine this afternoon. We usually aren't prone to going to movies in the afternoon though today I felt like seeing one. It was really a rather cool experience as we went to the showing where mom's and their babies viewed movies so the theatre was full of strollers,mom's and babies. We weren't even distracted when some of them cried because we had both 'been-there-done-that' and knew exactly what it was like.
The movie was excellent and entertaining and it wasn't just because it was about a bookclub of books from one of my favorite authors. I am a huge Jane Austin fan, mostly because of the movies that have been made from her books... now I am at the stage in my life where I want to read her entire works. After the movie I was pumped up with the idea of doing just that and we went to Chapters and I purchased six of her books (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, and Mansfield Park). I am hoping to start a Jane Austin Bookclub just like in the movie. So far it's just me and my girlfriend Deb... but we shall have to see how it progresses along.
If anyone would like to comment on any of these books I would gladly accept them.
In the mean time... happy creating!

No comments: