.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Outer Beauty Inner Turmoil Journal Entry



I have been going through some of my writing in my journals and poetry books and I realized how far God has taken me on the path to my healing. I looked at some old pictures and saw how everything on the outside of me looked perfect (not a hair out of place etc.). Then I looked at my eyes and they looked dead. I thought about what I may have been thinking during that time in my life and I know that I was numb. All the pictures during my late teen years were the same,I recall that was a very emotional period of life for me. They were very awkward years of being lost and not knowing who I was. I have learned that as I get older the more I discover who I am and what my purpose is. Life is a learning process and we never stop learning.

I purchased a magazine in the airport last month. It was by Somerset Studios - Artful Blogger. I saw that someone had used a page in a magazine to make the skirt of a dress on their journal page. I thought 'What a great idea!' and knew I had to make one for myself (using my style of coarse as I do not like making things exactly the same as everyone else! lol). I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks for the background colors. My Cuddlebug Curl Alphabet for the lettering. I wrote my thoughts down with Copic gel pens in the background as well.

If you decide to make a picture with this technique I would love to see it! Let me know and send me a link to your blog!
Happy Creating!
Kelly

No comments: