.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Journaling With Benjamin - My Entries




The last two days I have been working on some journaling pages. I purchased some 'Grundgeboard' alphabet and then some lined 'grungeboard' from Tim Holtz. I let Ben use the BEN in the last entry for his page - DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT??? For my first page I cut out some swirls that I drew on the grundgeboard ~ they weren't so easy to cut out, maybe I don't have the right scissors? I have discovered that grundgeboard is kind of leathery or suede like and is not so easy to cut out on the blank sheets with design on them. It is definitely manageable though. I won't rule it out that's for sure as it adds a whole other layer to my journal pages that I truly love.
I also used my Robins Nest Dew Drops, however, my glue does not keep them on the page. I have tried two different kinds of glue, one from 3M and one from UHU and both have not adhered the drops securely. If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly receive them. Nancy, what do you use???? (She is a wealth of knowledge).
The second page I did was done with a little stamp set I purchased from Michael's for $5.00. It is called "Mood De Jour" I think it is quite fitting for my many moods.
Happy Creating!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I use Tombow Mono Adhesive... white bottle with a green lid... the store has some on order at the moment

Sharon in NE said...

These are SO incredible. One really has to enlarge it to truly appreciate it!

btw, Ben's work was so special. I would love to see more in the future.

Angel said...

Have you tried using Crystal Effects? That stuff works great as a tough glue!!