.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Christmas Cards This Week






I received my newest Stampin-up set "Baby Jesus Is Born" last week and I was finally able to make a card with it. The set includes Mary/Joseph/Baby Jesus and two sheep, the sentiments "Christmas Blessings" and "Rejoicing with you in the Miracle of Christmas." I was looking for a set that was not too 'grown-up' because I am making cards for the Kid's Ministry at Church to sell as a fundraiser - this set is perfect for that purpose. I had some hempstring on my craft desk and it reminded me of hay so I put it in the back ground layer. I also added a star from another Stampin-up set (Peace and Love. The star was that little addition that brought the entire card together. I also used the star as an addition to the sentiments inside the card.

The Christmas Tree card was inspired from a visit to "Paper Pastimes" here in Calgary. They had a stamp that was a long skinny tree and they embellished it with markers making the dots on the tree and 'Stickles' for glitter. I layered the tree with two layers of paper and then two layers of double sided mounting tape to raise the surface. The pink toned paper in the background is from the Michael's Christmas Slab (The glittered one). The papers in this slab are so beautiful I don't want to use them but am glad when I do use them because it brings the projects I am making greater depth and beauty.

The "Oversized" Paper Clip (bought from Staples) I am making bookmarks with (also for the fundraiser for Kid's Ministry at my church. I cut two pieces of chipboard in 2x2" squares. Stamped my top layer with "All God's Children" Stampset from Stampin-up placing it on red cardstock. The crystals around the house and top layer are actually mini-micro beads, clear. I put a thin piece of double sided tape, then sprinkle the beads and let sit for 24 hours.

All these Christmas projects make me yearn for the Christmas season to begin - I love Christmas!
Well, Happy Creating Everyone!

No comments: