.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Healing Journal: Prompt 9 - ANGELS AMONG US



HEALING JOURNAL: Prompt 9 - ANGELS AMONG US

Hebrews 13:1,2 "Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."

Angel's are all around us protecting, comforting, directing, loving and fighting for us. God's angels are with us. During my depression I could not feel anything ~ it gave NUMB a whole knew meaning. However, one thing was for certain and that was that God sent His angels to comfort me and be with me. I swear sometimes I could physically feel their presence with me even though I could feel nothing else.

God sent angels to comfort me when I lost my father at the age of 23. The Sunday after he passed away I was so disrought that I barely could stand. I went to Church that day and the pastor (for the first time since I had been a member of the Church) called an altar call for all those who needed prayer. A tall white haired man that I had never seen before came to me while I was standing at the front of the Church and he said these words to me ~ "Jesus takes the place of the one's we've lost!" That was it, he didn't say another word to me and I hadn't told him the reason I was there. I never saw that man again. I asked the pastor if he knew him and he did not know who I spoke of.

Many years later, once the depression had passed, I was working at another Church in a different city and I came across a picture of the man who had prayed for me. It turned out he was the President of the Foursquare Church of Canada and he was retiring. I had found him. I wrote him a letter and put that letter in the scrapbook that was being prepared for him (by me) telling him my story and how he had been used by God in such a way. He was truly blessed by my words and so thankful I had shared it with him. He was my angel sent to me at a very dark time.

I have a number of stories like this ~ God sending His angels to me to help me through difficult times in my life. He is truly a good God.

For todays prompt think back over your life and note who had been there for you when you had gone through difficult times. What did they look like, were they in your life for a moment, a season or a lifetime? What did they do for you? How can you draw strength from that experience? What images come to mind when you think of those people (angels)?

I pray that this prompt brings you closer to the realization of all that the Lord has done for you; what He has gifted you with; who He has sent to you and His purpose for sending those particular angels to you. Ask Him to reveal these things to you, and to fill you with great joy from these moments you remember through this exercise.

Bless you on your journey one more day close to reaching your healing.

Photobucket

No comments: