.

Friday, March 11, 2011

NEW POST! Wow, it's been too long!




Hello all you lovely bloggers out there! I have missed you dearly! I am guilty of neglecting my blog as of late but I am feeling better now and have a few things to share with you.

The above journal page I completed a few weeks ago but had not posted it. It was right after Valentines Day, I remember because I had originally planned on posting it on Valentines day but didn't get it finished on time. I wasn't feeling particularily romantic this year as I was still in pain from having my Appendix out! However, I just had my 6 week check-up with the surgeon and got a clean bill of health (for that matter anyway)!

While creating this page my thoughts were carried off through the many wonderful years of marriage I have shared with my hubbub. Not all years were wonderful but because we had God and each other they were the best years of my life. Marriage is not always a walk in the park, it takes effort from both sides to make it work. God and communication are the key and when struggles arise you face them together and come out stronger. I am saddened by how many people we know who are or have gone through divorce... I cannot tell you why it happens. I wish that every married couple had the foundation of the Lord to help strengthen their marriage, but sadly they do not. I cannot say that my marriage is perfect, no marriage is perfect but we try hard to work together and love one another through lifes many trials.

When I think back over my marriage I see the many stages, almost like watching our children grow from infancy to young adults now. We were young and naive newlyweds out to conquer the world with HUGE expectations of each other, lives all planned out nice and neat. Like a whirlwind came the kids and the learning, growing and physical testing of our energy. Our plans for our lives on the back burner as we discovered what parenthood was all about. Then came the trials and tribulations as we struggled through my depression, hubbub raising the kids on his own for many years... as I came back to the surface slowly I would contribute as I could. It was a testing time for our marriage and we grew stronger together through it. We learned that we cannot do it on our own but need God to guide us, strengthen us and give us wisdom to be the man and woman He created us to be.

"It is not good for man to be alone, so God created a companion for him" (see Genesis). Marriage is GOOD. It fills me, provides a best friend to laugh, love, pray and live with. I am so blessed to have my Hubbub in my life. Thank you God for giving me the perfect mate, for blessing our marriage and our home. I pray for other marriages, that they are just as blessed, if not more blessed. May Your presence be known and seen in them Dear Lord. Amen.

Praying you all have a wonderful weekend. I may be posting some more within the next couple of days.

Hugs and many blessings to you.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Mary said...

Kelly your journal page is beautiful, and full of visual appeal...and your post a beautiful tribute to God, your husband and your marriage.

I do believe God uses marriage more than anything else to show us some ugly truths about ourselves, to change and mold us. And yes, it is not always easy, sometimes it's downright hard and painful, but it is rich at the same time.

Grace and Peace to you.

A'n'G Johnson said...

beautiful page and lovely post.
I think it is great to talk about the struggles marriages go through rather than perpetuate the idea that once you are married you have no troubles. I think if more people discussed the struggles and how they overcame it with a stronger bond in the end, we would have less divorce between people who thought getting married would make their life perfect only to run off at the irst sign of a challenge

Rebecca Anthony said...

What an awesome journal page Kelly!! I love all that it is, beautiful work and spoken from the heart. You can't get much better than that!

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Hey, Sweet Kelly! Thanks for your recent comments on my blog. All is fine with me but I've been 'weird' - too much winter? LOL Anyway, dear, I did a little research and thought this might help your "feather situation." (It helped me!) I don't guess I can embed a link but at least you can copy and paste the following. Much love and hugs - Ang
http://www.henningludvigsen.com/index.php/henning/tutorial_text/ifx_tutorial_panting_plumage_and_feathers

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Wishing you many more blessings, as you are a blessing in my life. Welcome back! Glad you're feeling better from your surgery. ~Kathy

Carol said...

I feel you Kelly. I have a wonderful Honey Luv of nineteen years this May also. God can do anything but fail. Thanks for all the encouragement, and your lovely art work.

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful post! Your page is gorgeous!
Many blessings to you.

Unknown said...

It's so true, isn't it? It isn't a 'walk in the park' a lot of the time. But when you have many moments, days, years behind you, there's so much to cherish. People are amazed we've been together 20 years this year - guess we're pretty opposite - but we also balance each other out. At the heart of it, there's a deep love and appreciation of one another - and our FAITH!

Glad you're feeling better!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Hi Kelly, I've been away from blogland for a while too but am getting back into it now. That is a lovely page Kelly. Thanks for sharing your thoughts
Lee:)