Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lots of Fun Things To Share With You

I have entered a swap over on Janet's blog Just Me And My Art with the theme "Girlie, Feminine Frilly! The rules are simple, make a 6"x6" piece of art in whatever medium you want to the Girlie theme! I'm all over that as I am a TRUE Girlie, girl! Janet is working with one other lady on this swap and they assign us partners to swap with. How fun is that? This is just a sneak peek at what I've been working on, isn't she pretty?

I have been having a blast this week taking Art Du Jour by Martha Lever's - Calligrafun Class! If you are interested click on the "Calligrafun" picture for it on my sidebar. I have been learning how to create fun letters with zig markers (which I haven't used in a long time), this is an awesome video tutorial series that Martha has created and you are certain to learn many fun techniques!

I haven't taken classes or been apart of a swap in awhile now so this has been a lot of fun for me! I don't know why I haven't done more of these!

Well, I hope you are all having a wonderful week... I am having a FABULOUS quiet day off! This morning I sat in bed listening to the birds chirping... aaaahhhh! What a wonderful life this is!

Many hugs and blessings to all of you!



Janet said...

She's GREAT! I love her and she's perfect for the swap.

Lorraine said...

this is cool very 1970s looking reminds me of the Jackie magazine I used to buy when I was about 13yrs

joanna said...

She's beautiful and girlie, Kelly! love her curls!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Gorgeous..a beautiful soul!! Lovely!!

Rebecca Anthony said...


Kristin Dudish said...

She is very pretty - I love the flowers in her eyes!


Diana Mieczan said...

So pretty! Have a fantastic day, my dear

Donna said...

She looks so pretty Kelly! I can't wait to see her all 'done up'. What a neat idea. :o)

Anita said...

She's so lovely!!!
I took Martha's Calligrafun workshop too...Loved it! She makes writing pretty so easy!

I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light.
-- Mary Gardiner Brainard

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Oh I love your girlie girl Kelly, she is fantastic. I would have loved to be in this swap but time is not allowing that at the moment.
I have been eyeing off Martha's course for a while now and hope to take it in the future, it looks like a lot of fun and I could really use some help with my lettering.

TJ said...

WOW -- hi Kelly! I can't believe I'm your lucky swap partner. What a terrific beginning to the week. Your work is beautiful. I just peeked at your Flickr stream too...

Best wishes from germany,