.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

My First Trip To Value Village





I had no idea what I would find when my sister's, mom, and aunt wanted to go to Value Village while we were in Kelowna for Grandma's funeral. I had never been before and I didn't quite know what to think about buying used clothing. As I was walking through the shoes aisle with my Mom I spotted two pairs of shoes that really stood out at me; one was a pair of dancing shoes (at least that's what they looked like to me). They were black in 1950's style with a beaded flower on the toes. I pictured a 1950's woman, elegantly dressed in a black dress (I found a picture of a dress that went through my mind and posted it above). As my Mom talked about all the different shoes and boots that were offerred I guess I began to daydream about the woman who used to wear these shoes. I could see her dancing around the dance floor dressed all elegant and dancing like they danced in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" (Remember the dance on top of and then eventually IN the swimming pool?) I pondered the shapes her feet made as she performed each dance maneuver in her elegant shoes. When she was out was she escaping the day-to-day routines of her everyday life? Did she need that escape or was she simply out to enjoy an evening with her current bo? What music was playing as she danced?... I could have written her entire life as I was patiently waiting in Value village as my Mom picked out her complete attire for the funeral from shoes to earrings.
The second pair of shoes intrigued me as well. I don't think I had ever seen a pair of shoes quite like this pair. The shape and design was so unique to me. Because I had never seen anything like them it was difficult for me to picture the woman who possibly wore them before they happened to be at Value Village. I took a picture regardless in hopes that something might come to me.
Enjoy.
Hugs
Kelly

3 comments:

Angel said...

Did you buy them?

Kelly said...

Angel;
No I didn't purchase them... I just took a picture which is fine for me because it still creates a story in my mind... that's all I need.
Hugs

CreativeMish said...

Love the shoes! What a fun time thinking about who would have worn them!