.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

God Makes Himself Known...





Our world of today is a very dark place. So much wickedness runs rampant that it can be hard to see God through all the darkness, sadness and despair. So easily we are led into depression and loss, into pain, heartache and loneliness. However, I was reminded as I was on the airplane flying home from my Grandmother's funeral that God is here, He is very real and He makes Himself known to us even during the darkest of times.
Looking out over top of the Rocky Mountains I couldn't help but be in awe of His creation. I wondered if man had conquered every mountain peak made by God and I knew that he had not. It would be impossible to step upon absolutely every grain of sand made by the Lord... to name every star in the Universe... to discover every beautiful and unique creation ever created by God. I pictured a mountain climbing party making their way up the steep peaks of the mountains I was viewing from a 'mechanical bird's-eye view" and I wondered why... why would they feel the need to reach the top of every mountain? What were they searching for that could not be found in their everyday lives? I knew that it must be that they were searching for heaven, but what was their view of heaven on earth? Was it God that so naturally makes Himself known to us?... or was it a sense of their own view of a god that existed somehow within themselves. Was it the ultimate adrenaline rush to reach the top of the world??? It reminded me of the story in the Bible of "The Tower of Babel" and how man wanted to build a tower that reached to the heavens... they wanted to prove that they were just as great as God. God nipped that one in the butt right away!!! What does He think of our world now with so many holding on to their own personal god's within themselves... thinking they themselves are god's upon this earth. There is only ONE GOD and that is the "GREAT I AM". The One Who Was, and Who Is, and Who Is To Come. If they can only open their eyes they would realize that God is right here, all around us... waiting for us to open our hearts to Him.
Hugs
Kelly

2 comments:

CreativeMish said...

I love your most today! Something very inspiring to read

Angel said...

MUCH truth! I always feel good after visiting you! Oh... and I've tagged you!
http://angelwilde.blogspot.com/