.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back From Camping




What started out as a week long trip to Mt. Kidd finished as a 5 day/4 night camping trip! The nights were so cold it was very hard to one, get to sleep and two, stay asleep. We went with five other families for the long weekend and we had a wonderful time (regardless of the rain). It really rained on Sunday night ~ while everyone hightailed it to the lodge to play board games, Ben and I stayed nice and warm in the tent trailer we rented for the week, we also rented a generator so that we could have power because we were all booked on non-powered sites. However, we couldn't run the generator all night long because it would be like sleeping beside a running car. So we toughed it out for four nights anyway. Everyone left on Monday afternoon and boy did we ever feel their absence. We missed everyone right away and decided that evening that we were going to go home the next day. Camp isn't as fun when there is just the four of us. Plus in the non-powered area everyone seemed to have left and there were only a few sporadic campers.
My one girlfriend, whose son graduated this year, planned a party for all the grads on the Sunday night (before it poured down rain) - it was a "Super-hero murder-mystery dinner". Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of that event as I was in bed resting my back from playing a four hour long game of scrabble sitting at the picnic table. I'm sure many pictures will be posted on facebook this coming week!
Our oldest son Josh had a blast with all the teenagers going from site to site playing board games and then walking down to the river ~ he's a true teenager. We held Ben back a bit from doing all the "teen" things to give Josh a little bit of freedom with the gang. Ben was okay with that after he spent time at the campfire holding-his-own with the grown up conversation. I guess they are not my babies anymore but are grown into young men wanting and needing a bit of freedom ~ how sad for mommy!
I for one am glad to be home in our nice comfortable bed and warmth of our house! I admit it! I'm a homebody!
Hugs
Kelly

No comments: