.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Art Journaling Time... Aaaahhh

 
This was a much needed art journaling spread as I needed to express my feelings in regards to dealing with my physical pain. 
 
 
 
I spread 4 colors of acrylic paint as background for this page using my brayer.  Once that dried I was able to work on my image.
 
I love this process, I forgot just how much until I worked on this page.
 
I purposely used more blue acrylic paint on the page because I knew I wanted her to have long flowing hair across both journal pages.
 
You can't see it on the finished page, but, in the bubbles I wrote "Sometimes it feels like my dreams are floating away with who I am as a woman".
 
Fibromyalgia is a hidden illness, on the outside the person suffering from it looks just fine.  Inside pain radiates from the top of the head to the toes and all extremities.  It is unpredictable, therefore, it is difficult to plan ahead.  Symptoms are many with 18 trigger point checks on the body, skin sensitivity, and of coarse PAIN for many unknown reasons.  Environment plays a huge factor in how the person is feeling.  I live in one of the worst climates for FM - cold and unpredictable weather.  Stress is another contributing factor, STRESS IS BAD.
I have found I react best to hot dry weather, Arizona being my favorite.
I feel for anyone having to deal with this disease as it is very frustrating.
 
I just wanted to share a little about what I experience and to educate those who do not know what FM is.
 
Big hugs and many, many blessings to you.  Happy Creating everyone.
 
 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful Kelly and I can read (see) your feelings in this painting. I understand what you are feeling I have the same problem and the same illnes. This last month(her in Holland very wet) are awedul. But I can forget many things when I am painting. Indeed Stress is bad. But life is many time stress.
I wish you all the best.
lovely greet and a nice weekend
Marja x
(marjascreativity.blogspot.com)

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! I love the beginning process and how you spray the colors.

KAT ADL'S said...

Hi Kelly
I find I too react to the weather and I find it helpful to have short breaks when the season changes.I live down south in NZ and for a couple of years I was able to go to Aussie(warm) for even a few days and it made the difference.Somehow set my body clock differently.The other thing I do is use a therapeutic pool.Very heated and I float.Saunas also good when you are in a cold climate. And massage of course if you can afford it.I go once a month which isnt quite enough but its great.Your page is great.Did focusing on that help with the pain.? Distraction..

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Awesome :)

Emilie Joudi Vick said...

Kelly, my good friend is an art therapist and it has inspired me to start art journaling. I too have fibromyalgia from autoimmune disease complications and trauma from various accidents. As an opera singer it is difficult to express and breathe at times, but I pick myself up and move forward with support. I am truly thankful for the love and faithfulness that God has given me as well as continuing to point me in directions for healing. Although this journey with pain feels very overwhelming and daunting,very emotional, I know God has a plan. Thank you for your blog and sharing your story.

Emilie Joudi Vick said...

Kelly,
My good friend is an art therapist and it has inspired me to start art journaling. I too have fibromyalgia from autoimmune disease complications and trauma from various accidents. As an opera singer it is difficult to express and breathe at times, but I pick myself up and move forward with support. I am truly thankful for the love and faithfulness that God has given me as well as continuing to point me in directions for healing. Although this journey with pain feels very overwhelming and daunting,very emotional, I know God has a plan. Thank you for your blog and sharing your story.