.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Journaling While Camping



My family and I just had the coolest weekend of camping at Glennifer Lake. I am posting three days later because it has taken me that long to recover... but it was so much fun. Our entire Church booked a group site so there were so many people and the best thing was that we actually got to know many of them over the weekend that we hadn't been able to connect with yet! Awesome times, great fellowship and beautiful beach time!

I was able to pull out my journal a few times and work on the above page, I call it my 'James Tree' as it is covered in scripture from James. I drew the tree really whimsical looking, and I was thinking about the 'taming the tongue' part of James. Why is it so hard to tame anyway? I think it is because our brain just doesn't think about what is going to come out of our mouths most of the time! As Christians we represent Christ so shouldn't our speech also represent Him? So I ask God to help me, to bless the words that come out of my mouth, to help me encourage others and build others up... I guess that should include myself too! I tend to put myself down at times... I think I need to tame my thoughts too!




My youngest (14) had some journal time too, when he had a headache. He loves to draw crosses. He went and spent some time in our van (where all my journal supplies were) and he came out with this lovely page. I knew art journaling was healing! His headache was gone by the time he finished! :)



Here's Ben and his friends at camp getting ready for their awesome tube ride behind a speed boat! Ben went on twice and loved it! Josh was gone most of the weekend with the youth but he had a blast not having to check in with his old mom and dad!

I snuggled in to the back of our van at night with a mattress, memory foam topper and all my warmy blankets. I brought tons of extra blankets and sheets to cover the windows and had my own little sanctuary to sleep in. I felt so safe in there I slept like a baby! The boys and hubbub all slept in the tent!



Photobucket

7 comments:

Mary said...

sounds like a body and soul respite.

you know, i think it's more that our hearts aren't "tame" yet. it's out of our hearts that thoughts and words come from. i read somewhere...and i love this..."when we become Christians we receive new hearts, but they are "untrained" hearts.

xxoo

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Hello, dear friend! Looks like you had a blast! Love, love, love your tree page. So bright, happy and full of joy - like you! Hugs & blessings to you.

Unknown said...

enjoy holidays...

Suz said...

What a great family time, Kelly. So glad you got to journal!!!
Hugs,
Suz

CreativeMish said...

That sounds like a fabulous! Nothing better than fun, friends and fellowship

C. said...

My husband suggested camping this weekend and I had the same thought- you guys sleep in the tent- I'm folding down the seat in the vehicle and sleeping in here! Looks like a great time!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Sounds like a great week away from everything Kelly. I love your tree,very cool
Lee:)