.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

D.T.W. (Aka Duck Tape Wallets!)


One of my son's friends at school came to school one day with a DTW (duck tape wallet) and he sold 10 of them, quite the entrepreneur I would say! Ben really liked the idea of these wallets so I 'you-tubed' it and found a great video tutorial




We went to Michael's this morning and loaded up with all sort's of Duck Tape! Ben spent two hours making his very first wallet!



Then we kept going and I made one and he made another.







These wallets have two main pockets to hold money and receipts or whatever, card holders and a window slot to put I.D. They are so cool and fun to make!



I love the window slot ~ every wallet needs one right?



When we finished making them Ben turned to me and said, "I enjoy making new things with you Mom, we should do this more often... yes indeed." I agreed. LOL! I love my time with my boys!

Hope you enjoy this awesome video tutorial and our wallets.

Have a blessed day!















Photobucket

7 comments:

Mary said...

I knew I loved Duck Tape!!!!!

this is too cool!

Janet said...

That is so cool! And having fun with your son is the best part.

Joanna said...

Brilliant! What a wonderful time you had with your lovely boy. Thanks for the youtube link, I'll check it out later (I MUST cook some tea now or my kids' will start chewing on the dog's leg!).

x

Minnie Kitchen said...

That is sweet! Spending time with mommy is the best :)

CreativeMish said...

Awesome! I didn't realize they make so many colors of duct tape! Great time with your boys and great memories!

E Makes Art said...

Oh, I want to try this!! It looks fun! I hope you are well and enjoying your summer. I just got back from a vacation and am now trying to get caught up with everything and everyone, so I just wanted to say "HI!"

xoE

Robin said...

I love duct tape..these are great..Ben did a great job..!