.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Journaling Over The Holidays

Photo: I was able to finish my art journal page tonight!  This is what I do when I'm in a flare up!  At least I can do this!  #art #acrylic #artjournal #artjournaling #doodle #drawing #doodling
 
Over the time that my family was all home from work and school these past few weeks I managed to get a little journaling time in.  This journal page is all about my sister.  Over the top of her head it says "There is always a spark inside of her".  She is the strongest lady I know.  When life hits her hard, she just gets back up and carries on.  She always lands on her feet again and again.
 
I find that many of my poems and journal pages are about her.  She has been a strong influence in my life and I have always longed to be near her.  Right now we live one Province away from each other and do not get to visit often.  I wish that we lived in the same town, it would make life so much more pleasant. 
 
If you have been following my blog you know that she was in a car accident last March of 2012.  A drunk driver hit her.  She is still recovering and the doctors do not know if/when she will be able to return to work.  She has raised/and is in the process of raising 5 kids, her youngest is 8 and her oldest is I think 26.  She has raised each of them mostly as a single mom.  While working full-time she managed to get her Bachelor's degree in Social Work/Criminology (and did I mention she's practically a single Mom?)
 
I am thankful that God gave me her as my sister.
 
Well, I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  May God bless you richly.
 
Hugs and blessings
 
 
 
 
 
 
Photobucket



3 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

I am so glad that it will be better with your sister Kelly. And I believe she is very strong when I read your story. And I understand that it was a great happiness to have her near by. Your journal is so beautiful and the colors are great for your sister.
Lovely and wonderful.
Lovely greet
Marja
www.marjscreativity.blogspot.nl

Janet said...

You've created a beautiful journal page to honor your sister. She sounds like a wonderful person...brave and strong.

Jeannette said...

This journal page is beautiful and so wonderful for your sister,she likes a wonderful person,the page and the bright colors is very pretty, i love this.