.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to the Basics - Journaling New Ideas to Keep You Motivated




The first journaling idea in this post is "Your Heart". On your page somewhere draw a picture of your heart. Close your eyes and draw what you think your heart looks like, what it feels like (you can use different textures, mediums and color for this if you like)... Remembering of coarse that it is your project and can do anything with it! Second... draw out your background... what your feelings look like or colors you feel appropriate to your feelings. In mine, I felt like my heart was weeping... I guess I was sad at the time I did this entry. And I drew little whisps of wind at the time, I felt like my heart needed to be aired out. Now write down the following: "My heart tells me..." and journal what you feel. Do this as many times as you want on your page. Let me know how this turns out for you as I would love to see the results!
Happy Creating!

The second journaling idea I was used somewhat as a guinnea pig for an idea my girlfriend had to do "Art Therapy". I had put my back out and was experiencing much pain that I could not seem to get control of. So... I went over to her house, she told me to draw out whatever ailment I was feeling. As my pain went from my neck to my lower back I drew it out in its entirety. Then she asked me what it feels like, what texture it is, what medium I would like to use to draw it out. I chose dark red for pain, chalky pink pastel for what the texture felt like, and I painted in acrylic and drew in chalk pastels etc., Once I finished drawing it out she asked me a series of questions. (With your right hand you write down the question, with your left hand you answer the question).
The questions are as follows... (you are asking this to your ailment.)
1. Who are you?
2. How do you feel?
3. What caused you to be this way?
4. What can I do to help you?
5. What do you want me to do for you?

I could do this exercise again because I have once again put my back out... however I don't think it would help. It was a really fun exercise, interesting anyway. I'm not sure that I would seek therapy from this, however I have found that art in general is excellent therapy and is very healing in general.

Well, once again let me know how this goes if you should try this exercise out!
Happy creating!!!

No comments: