.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

She's All That "Under The Sea"

I once wrote a silly little poem about mermaids under the sea... I don't know, there is just something fantasy-like appealing to me about under the sea.  I know it looks nothing like my drawings do (I went snorkelling in Hanauma Bay and saw an entirely different world down there... jury is still out if I like the real-life version or not :)  I also wrote a poem about a woman being told (by the wind) to jump off a cliff into the water where she would 'forever be under the sea' (that was in a 'dark' stage in my life obviously).  Anyway... my point is that I have fallen in love with drawing things like this piece.  I especially love drawing 'sea horses' ~ they are the cutest most funny little creatures I ever did see!  I actually got to see some live ones at our local pet store (you couldn't buy these ones, they were just on display)... I must have stared at them for about an hour and a half.  I was amazed at how these creatures move through the water, it is seriously like a dance! 
I showed my new piece to my son Ben and he said, "It doesn't look like a mermaid", and I said, "No, it's just a lady relaxing at the bottom of the sea!"  He replied, "Oh nice mom, you should call it 'Relaxing on the Bottom of The Sea While Drowning'."  Then he acted out the drowning part for me ~ yep, that's my logical little thinker for ya!
I still like the relaxing lady sitting there just chilling under the water, a much happier thought!

Happy Monday to you, may this week hold many blessings for you all.
Hugs and blessings.


Photobucket

1 comment:

snowalker said...

hehe Hanauma Bay should be a great inspiration. Went for snorkeling and scuba there 2 years ago with some guys from Hanauma Snorkeling Tours (www.hoptours.com) and it was so far the greatest vacation ever! The shore is so full of life and I'm not talking about the beautiful assian girls here but the nature and the marine life. Amazing!