.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Facing Temptation

Hi everyone.  I am so sorry that I have not posted in awhile.  Last week was a bit rough for me but I was able to get some art journaling done.  This piece is called "Facing Temptation".  I think she looks like she has a lot on her mind, maybe something is tempting her to do something that she doesn't necessarily want to do.  As Christians we face temptation all the time ~ afterall Satan is out to steal, kill and destroy so of course he uses temptation to get to us.  The verse that I used on this page is "And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear".  This is a very true verse, God always provides a way out of giving into temptation.  We only have to be open to hearing His still small voice, listen... and you will hear it. 
I did this page on my lined page moleskin journal and I actually love the effects of it with the lines on her fingers and her face.  If I wanted to I could journal over her face and fingers and I LOVE doing this.  I am not one of those individuals who believes I will ruin the face with my journaling ~ it actually adds such a personal touch to the journal page.

Well I pray that you are all having an amazing beginning to this new week that we have been blessed with.  Every day is a blessing, may you find many of them through out this week.

Hugs and blessings everyone.

















Photobucket

3 comments:

giddy up said...

Love your journal page and the message.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

KELLY THIS IS SO AWESOME. sO BEAUTIFUL AND GRAT PAINTED. lOVE IT SO MUCH. jUST THE HANDS AND FINGERS GIVES THIS PORTRAIT SUCH A SPECIAL EFFECT.
LOVELY GREET
MARJA
(marhascreativity)

aussiemaven said...

Love this piece so much. x