.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Inspiration From a Lovely Artist

I discovered a lovely artist named Dorina Costras today.  I found this painting of hers and it really spoke to me of the emotions in the girl with the mask.

I wanted to use the exact same pose but do this up "KELLY" style to speak to women who have just come off the streets.


There are sayings all through her hair and the words on the drawing are;
I Choose Love
I Choose Joy
I Choose Freedom
Open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.

The idea of the mask spoke volumes to me as I went through a period in my life where I felt like I was always wearing a mask of some kind ~ unable to find myself.

Just sharing some inspiration with you all.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs and many blessings!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Diane said...

Kelly--both of these are beautiful!! I love the words that you chose for yours.

Joanna said...

This is a brilliant 'Kelly'd up' adaptation of the beautiful painting! Great sentiments too.

xx

Rita A. said...

Wonderful art and thoughts.

laurie said...

i love your version! you have shown how to truly use inspiration to launch your own style.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Wow, that piece of Dorina's is exquisite.

I enjoyed the message in your
KELLY style pictures...I also choose Love, Joy, Freedom!

pedalpower said...

Very powerful!