.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Depths Of HIS Love


This painting was done on a 16"x20" canvas with COPIC inks.  My first experiment with
using the inks instead of the pens.  The inks are very sticky and goopy when they are
drying which worked really well for this piece as the top looks like blood, which I was
actually trying to achieve.  The Depths of HIS Love, portraying the blood shed for
our sins.

I pray you are all having a very blessed Sunday.
Hugs and blessings to you all. 





Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, thats beautiful , amazing,

Carol said...

Wow, I love this piece. What else do you intend to do with it? I can't wait to see.

Shells said...

It's great, have fun with more experimenting.

EVA said...

An absolutely awesome and powerful painting!

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! I've never seen the copic inks. Are they the refils for the pens?

Make It Happen Mama said...

How beautiful! From a nerdy place, it kind of reminds me of a slide of skin cells. Yup, nerdy, sorry!

heather noye said...

Wow! Beautiful! I just love working with inks :)

And thank you for the comment on my sketchbook! I really enjoyed working on that project; second year and I'll sign up for a third!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Kelly, this is gorgesou! I really love the layers and how dimentional it looks. :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers. It is his love that "links us". You have reminded me "HE is in control. Thank you! sigh*
Your art work here displays exactly what I needed to see and be reminded of. It is beautiful and is deep in retrospect of Gods love for us. ♥Darlene

Eydie Kugler said...

I’m not sure how I found you ... I do not I am glad I did.

Your blog is beautiful and so inspiring.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Eydie