.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Butterflies Continued and Finished







After oodles and oodles of doodling and coloring and shading, then sewing buttons on the one edge, I finally completed my butterfly journal. Now that I am finished with it I am not sure what to do with it! Maybe I could continue adding pages to it and keep it as a reference journal with different techniques, I'm not sure! In the journaling spaces I wrote out some scriptures from John 3 and Romans 8 and then I just wrote about the beauty of God's creations and how when I get to Heaven I will probably be like a little kid with a million and one questions for God as to how He came up with the design for each and every beautiful creation! What a fun project this has been.
My niece has been visiting for a week, she is nine years old so I have had some rather enjoyable girl time with her. I am now the proud owner of PURPLE toe nails and finger nails! That's one I have never had before! LOL!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and as always... Happy Creating!


Photobucket

14 comments:

Victoria said...

Truly beautiful..wonderful creations!

Red Cat Cards said...

Every single butterfly pages are beautiful, Kelly ! They have unique characters and looking at it makes me feel like I can fly !
I love the buttons and beads you put on =)

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!

Rita A. said...

Wow Kelly. These butterflies are amazing. How fun and calming it must have been to do. What a treasure.
I was having similar thoughts on my way home from Washington. What a beautiful world we live in even down to the tiniest little bit of seed.
Thank you for sharing.

Jeanne Nelson said...

These butterfly pages are great, Kelly ... and aren't those days we have with our 9-ish-year-old nieces/great nieces just the best days on earth??? They are so sweet, innocent, and open to try anything artsy, without inhibitions. Wishing you a fabulous weekend, with great health and spirit!

Janet Ghio said...

Your butterfly book turned out wonderfully!!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Beautiful pages, beautiful eyes! ♥ Kathy

Julia Christie said...

Really really incredible Kelly! love them!

Smiles

Unknown said...

wonderfull

CreativeMish said...

Wow Kelly! These turned out so good! I love all of the doodling. You have to have this on display at home to show off to everyone.

A'n'G Johnson said...

these are AMAZING kelly! You are so incredibly talented. And I have to admit, purple, blue, and black nails are far more regular for me than any shade of pink or red!

Rebecca Anthony said...

These are really incredible pages Kelly, well done!! They are gorgeous!!

Kate Burroughs said...

Wow, these pages are amazing. Thank you for sharing your work! Very inspiring.
Aloha, Kate

Roberta said...

Your butterflies are amazing Kelly! Love all the color and detail and how you are using this beautiful book. Such a wonderful piece of art ;)