.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Free To Fly



My Hubby cut out these boards that are approximately 8 1/2 x 11 in his workshop and I saw them and nabbed them. Hee-hee. I have been experimenting some with Gesso and I figured I would try it on these boards and see what I would come up with. Well this is my first piece. It is called "Free To Fly". I am debating wether or not to glaze over it. What do you think? I found the image of the woman in a stack of scrapbooking paper I have had for awhile now. I cut out the wings from some scraps and the hearts from other scraps. I didn't place any words on it because it didn't feel right to do so.
Hope you like it.
Happy Creating Everyone.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I like it a lot, Kelly. And the title is great!

Melissa S. said...

Love the paper/wood mix! Has a very happy feel to it-so like you!

Timaree said...

I think any glazing on it would take away from the 3-D effect. Maybe your husband will cut you some more boards or you could get some canvas boards to play on.

Timaree said...

I think any glazing on it would take away from the 3-D effect. Maybe your husband will cut you some more boards or you could get some canvas boards to play on.