.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Art of Zendoodling - By Kelly Watts



For the upcoming Craft/Art Fairs in November I have put together a little booklet on how to make 'zen-doodles', at least how 'I' do my zen-doodles anyway. I thought since much of my art work incorporates doodles in some way I would put a booklet together and see if there was any interest. It is twenty pages long and has everything from texture-pattern sheets, to namedoodles, to using the alphabet fonts in your word processing program to create doodles in the letters. I have also included some of my ladies that I have doodled over their faces. I am putting the booklet in a presentation binder/duotang and am charging $20.00. I do not know how to price these things. Do you think that is a reasonable price?



This is a doodle page I have been working on for a couple months, not that it takes that long to complete but is one of those projects that you do a little bit at a time until completion. I just finished it today! It's not a very good picture as it looks a lot darker in the picture. It was a fun project nonetheless.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week. Sorry I am not posting as regularily as I usually do... still prepping for the fairs.

Many hugs and blessings to you all.



Photobucket

9 comments:

Sandra Kaye said...

I think the cost of 20.00 is a fair price. I'd buy it.!!! Let me know when I can. Hugs-- Sandie

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kelly,
What a wonderful idea to share your talent in a booklet!

I'm really no good at pricing my own art or to give advice and especially without seeing it with my own eyes. lol

Maybe check out other websites and on line stores at what others are charging for something along the same line.

Good luck with the fair!
Creative hugs,
Anna

Janet said...

I agree with Anna....check online to see what similar books sell for. I love the doodle page. It has so much depth.

Jennibellie said...

Hey lovely Kelly, wow your doodle page is immerse lol must have taken for-ever I think it's fair but I'd agree with Janet and Anna & do some m.research as I'm no expert. The zine I have recently made I have put on Etsy for $15 I think it is. Hugs & warm wishes Jennibellie xxx

laurie said...

your doodles are beautiful! i would buy your book for $20 - it sounds like it is full of inspiration and tips.

Unknown said...

Great booklet, Kelly! Your zendoodles are great!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I love it! Have you thought about making it an ebook and selling it online? I bet you'd have loads of offers!

pedalpower said...

Love that new doodle! What a lot of work! I think your instruction book sounds great, and your price reasonable.

Tina said...

Hi Kelly. In my opinion if the booklet is homemade and has a particular binding the price is reasonable but if it is printed outside it is a little bit expensive (all the books about zentangle cost less)-
As Colleen said I think Is a good idea to sell it online as an ebook (pdf format)There are so many people from other Countries that will be interested in buying it and thi is the only way to avoid the shipping cost! (Tina from Italy)