.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Working Wisdom Into My Soul



I began this spread a couple months ago and for some reason I struggled with the right side. I drew the bird and then I stared at the bird... pondered the bird... and couldn't get past the bird. Not only the bird stumped me, but... the red paper really blocked me creatively too! I don't know if it was the bird or the red flap that through me off!

Have you ever been stumped like that?

After a couple of months I went back to it and managed to finish, but this was really hard to do!




I did enjoy working under the flap however. I liked the pattern of black circles and white marker.

Well, enjoy your weekends everyone! Hugs and many blessings and as always Happy Creating!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the way this has turned out. Sometimes leaving things can leave us with a fresh new perspective.

Janet said...

I think it turned out great! I know what you mean about getting stumped. Sometimes I've left a page for months and months before finally getting the inspiration to finish it.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

I love how your page evolved. I just finished a page too that had sat in my journal for months. Sometimes pages need to be done in stages.
Lee:)

Unknown said...

Yes, I get stumped. A lot. I won't say it happens every time. In fact, it rarely happens when I paint commissions for other people. But for myself? Almost every single time.

Love your painting. Love your blog! Thanks so much for following along!