.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Art Journal Fun



I hope all of you Canadians are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and for everyone else you may commence the drooling of the thought of turkey coming soon! LOL. I love Thanksgiving because it is my hubby's and my Anniversary. I never forget my anniversary so it is the perfect date because my hubby never forgets either! Today we celebrate 17 years of blissful marriage!

This past week I went to Vancouver, British Columbia to celebrate my middle sister Tania's Graduation receiving her BA in Criminology! I am so proud of her! She has worked extremely hard for her degree as she worked full time and raised 5 kids while getting her BA. I think she is the strongest lady I have ever met! We had a wonderful time visiting and I was finally able to meet my Great Nephew Brock! He is such a cutie-pie! I thoroughly enjoyed making him giggle and ponder the idea of blowing kisses!

The above face was created on an 8x10 canvas using watercolor crayons and black markers. I started this face a few weeks ago and I usually finish right away but I did not get a chance to work on it. This gal I have named "whimsy". Everything seems to have the word 'whimsy' in it lately so I decided to play along.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Canadians, happy weekend to all others! Happy Creating and many blessings to all of you!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Julia Christie said...

Hi Kelly,

this beauty may be my favorite so far...I love her eyes and the patterns are wonderful.

Great piece!

Smiles

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you got to visit with your family and celebrate with your sister.....

Whimsy is incedible...love the way you painted her....

EVA said...

This is one of the nicest pieces I have seen done in this style! You did a beautiful job!

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kelly,
Happy Anniversary to you and hubby!
Oh, I can see why the face has taken a while to finish~so many finer details, well done!
Hugs,
Anna

E Makes Art said...

Hi Kelly! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Anniversary!! I love your Whimsy girl, she's very cool! Such amazing details. love it.

Esther

Diane said...

Ooooh, I had to click on this for the details--awesome!! And it sounds like a wonderful week that you had with your family!

Jeanne Nelson said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Anniversary, Kelly! What a great day to have been married, and a great reminder of when your anniversary is for DH.

Ms. Whimsy is beautiful! The shape of her nose and other facial features are awesome, and the placement of the highlights in her hair is very effective. I can only imagine the time it took to complete all the details ... but well worth the effort, as she's beautiful.

Wishing you a peaceful week ahead, filled with all the things you enjoy most. Cyber Hugs!

A'n'G Johnson said...

I love the third eye effect that occured in the painting.
and wow criminology... what a cool field

ArtfulLee Designed said...

She is gorgeous Kelly! Love the colours and the patterns
Happy anniversary too.
Lee:)

CreativeMish said...

Congratulations on your 17 years! That is quite the accomplishment! Whimsy is beautiful! I love the vibrant colors

Suz said...

Kelly,
That picture is one of you best, I believe. I think the graphics really work. Congratulations on seventeen years of marriage. Doesn't it just amaze you when you realize that you have spent all this time with one person? We just celebrated our thirty seventh in August and I still dearly love Jud. We have our moments but I would never trade being married.

Thank you, also, for stopping by the blog today. I really needed your support.

Hugs,
Suz

Cindy Belseth said...

I know what you mean about the word "whimsy", it's everywhere, I even used it yesterday! :D
She is beautiful, I especially love her hair, so much detail to look at in the pattern!

*hugs*
Cindy

P.S. Happy belated anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

HI KELLY!

I love this work of art! What great fun! And all that detail....!!!!

Our Wedding Anniversary is this month as well..on the 29th...and it will be 16 years for us!

Congratulations to you! Marriage is THE thing to celebrate...the love and uniting of two souls!

Ciao bella!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Sandra said...

Ms. Whimsy is delightful!

Angel said...

AWESOME!! PERFECTLY NAMED TOO!